TheSecondCumming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Modern Warrior not so modern

5 posters

Go down

The Modern Warrior not so modern Empty The Modern Warrior not so modern

Post  Royalnavy Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:45 pm

The hype is gone and the excitement is fading. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to me is just another shooter to hold players over until the next. However after extensive play, sleepless nights, and critical analyzing this is my list of 5 things that this game either could have improved on or crippled itself with.

5. Game testers drink too much?

Glitches are a part of any online game of course. Yet it seems like out of all the 360 games released with LIVE, this game is notorious for its problems. While it should be noted that the creators released "fixes" it shouldn't come as a surprised that players can and will find more wild glitches. From killcams not accurately depicting how you were killed to FF rust team killing servers. This game surprised me many times as I was blown into pieces by a player who semtexed/javelin glitches me and my team. Joining servers in Search and Destroy where players shoot teammates shields and "boost". Areas in the maps are also being found as players find ways to traverse atop roofs and seemingly impossible lookouts. It just astonished me at how many game crippling glitches were found within two weeks of its release. A clear upsetting tone for the rest of this list.

4. Clean up the maps.

Now I did go into this game expecting the realistic properties that infinity ward strives to achieve. However in a game where enemies are obscure enough as it is, who's bright idea was it to keep a never-ending barrage of trash and chickens in my scopes at all times. In a game where camouflage is so defined, movement is the only successful way to determine enemy from brush. To even the greatest shooter, the goal wouldn't ever be to master accuracy but instead master luck. And this is because the constant flow of snow, dust, trash, chickens create a barrier so great from skill to just plain cheap. Countless times I have mistaken a head for a piece of flying paper, or caught eyes on flapping chickens that have no purpose but to be annoying. Why are these maps so windy? Why make characters obscure to the eye, and make the maps blinding to the scope? This normally wouldn't even bother me but it is such a small nuisance that it in fact picked at me long enough to warrant unnecessary frustration.

3. A modern warrior doesn't dual wield.

So the logic must go as follows. Create realistic weapons, realistic damage (for the most part), realistic environments with debris, and allow men to dual wield sub-machine weapons. Am I playing Unreal Tournament or a war shooter? It insults both parties, people who strive for realistic aspects and people who strive for fun. Dual weapons (especially sub-machine) with high fire rates can put a player into an extreme advantage over a player with a SLIGHTLY slower weapon. I say this because this game does not allow the death of two people simultaneously and therefore the increased rate of such a ridiculous notion often puts skilled players into a grave. This is not to say people who dual are not equally skilled, but in my experience an akimbo player will average at best two kills per life. This aggravates players because they die..well in such a cheap fashion and the akimbo player contributes no more than a few hundred points at the expense of mowing down unlucky players trying to skillfully aim.

2. The Terminator

1887s had to be in their own category. Let's ignore the fact that they are unrealistic for a second, ignore also the fact that the damage is unreal (even after the patch). The main problem I have, is that THEY SHOULD NOT BE A SECONDARY WEAPON. The range is unbelievable, damage is too high, and the unrealistic thought of these civil war shooters in this game is ludicrous. You know I would settle if you couldn't akimbo this shotgun, it's actually manageable in servers when only one is being held by a player. But as my previous problem noted akimbos cripple the gameplay, and that is because these dual 1887's offer snipers with too much of an advantage, or anyone for that matter. Small maps (which infinity ward seemed to favor) decimate any chances of you surviving a corner turn with an ancient shotgun waiting for you. This often comes down to latency and luck because you have almost no chance. These guns are overpowered and not needed. Whether or not you agree doesn't change the fact that they were patched, I can't remember the last time one specific gun and only ONE was noted for patching in my xbox live career. So the creators obviously felt the same.

1. Didn't I just kill you from the front?

The spawning problem goes as follows. Players do not have a set spawn area, players will respawn within a MINIMUM distance from TEAMMATES. This is fine, however there is one problem, THERE ISN'T A MINIMUM DISTANCE FROM ENEMIES. I tried long and hard to understand the spawning in this game and this is the conclusion I came to. I always spawned near a teammate, but 70% of the time an enemy already had me in his field of vision or his scope. I've also spawned behind enemies that JUST killed me. Most of the time this happens on maps like scrapyard, invasion, and smaller maps like sub-base. But when teammates are moving, they sometimes get too dangerously close to an enemy (OR UNDER A PREDATOR MISSILE), and that enemy is aware of said teammate, and when you spawn you are most likely earning a purple heart. Keeping one side of the map is key, but how can you when teammates won't obey, how can you control them as they push and as enemies respawn behind you because they "have nowhere else"? That's bullshit, I've never had that problem in any professional game. Even Counter-Strike deathmatch servers respawned me within a fair distance from an enemy most of the time. I counted, it can be an average of 3 seconds of time to react before being shot after a respawn, sometimes less. That's unacceptable, if this game stood for a building this would be the plane that crashes into it, only repeatedly. Bottom line, either enjoy being spawn killed or be prepared to be let down as you sit tight and camp your fuckin' ass off until you shit your pants out of boredom.

Royalnavy
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Modern Warrior not so modern Empty Re: The Modern Warrior not so modern

Post  The Animal Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 pm

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!

-Exactly why I diddnt like the COD games, its like an EA Sports game. Exactly why I dont play it, it just doesn't seem that fun to me now if they kept in Nazi Zombies then maybe i would re consider it.

The Animal

Back to top Go down

Post  Royalnavy Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:31 am

As always though Felber I encourage you to play the game yourself before making any judgments on entire company Wink But from my personal experience it is a mediocre shooter at best until the next one comes out. One player, fantastic and fun. Multiplayer, go buy goldeneye.

Royalnavy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dlydon Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 pm

you have the passionate hate of a thousand suns towards this game, yet you continue to torture yourself.

puzzled i am, youngone

dlydon

Back to top Go down

Post  Royalnavy Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:12 pm

It's not hate, it's criticism.

Royalnavy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepep Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:21 pm

i'm proud to have sat this one out. Not gonna lie though when i played it at friends house, had a lot of fun for the first 5 minutes.

Pepep

Back to top Go down

Post  mrmauber Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Not a shooter fanatic just give me a good RPG and I'm good for days man. Shooters get old way too quick theirs little replay value in them in my eyes.
mrmauber
mrmauber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum